Utah Gov. Gary Herbert, as anticipated, signed a bill that will enhance the quantity of healthcare marijuana dispensaries from seven to 14, with further development probable based on marketplace demand.
Utah legislators unanimously passed the legislation through a current specific session known as by the Republican governor to scrap a state-run MMJ distribution program.
The measure involves a provision for household delivery of MMJ and boosts the business enterprise possibilities for a system scheduled to launch as quickly as March 2020.
Right here are some specifics from the bill:
- State regulators will concern up to 14 dispensary licenses, eight in a initial round and six in a second phase to be completed by July 1, 2020.
- The state will be divided into at least 4 geographic regions, with at least one particular license for each and every geographic area.
- Regulators will be permitted to concern further dispensary licenses if warranted by marketplace demand.
- Regulators also could enhance the quantity of cultivation licenses from eight to as several as 15 if required to balance provide and demand.
- Couriers will be licensed for household delivery.
– Linked Press and Marijuana Enterprise Day-to-day