Dr. Candace Zwicker of the Central Nova Animal Hospital in Truro told Global News she treats one or two furry patients for ingestion each week — more than double the number she saw before the substance was legal.
Dr. Paige Marryatt, who works at the Harbour Cities Veterinary Hospital in Dartmouth, said she’s probably seen “triple” the number of cases, and they’re “more significant” in their severity.
Both agree the increase applies primarily to dogs, who are far less discriminatory than cats when it comes to what they put in their mouths.
READ MORE: Halifax dog lovers gather in solidarity against banning ‘dangerous’ breeds in Nova Scotia
“When we see dogs getting into the edibles, we tend to see much more profound effects because they’re ingesting far more than…
Original Author Link click here to read complete story..