DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “The Global Market for Bioplastics and Natural Fibers to 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Government legislation, consumer trends and environmental concerns are compelling the development of bioplastics and natural fibers in markets including food packaging, automotive, building/construction, textiles, agriculture, sports & leisure and consumer goods.
Biocomposites based on these materials offer significant advantages over incumbent synthetic materials including lightweighting, sustainability and reduced carbon footprint. Natural fibers are also abundant and low-cost. The bioplastics and natural fibers market will witness good growth through to 2030, with excellent opportunities for large producers and start ups.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the bioplastics and natural fibers market by applications and bioplastic and natural fiber type.
- AMSilk GmbH
- Ananas Anam
- Bast Fiber Technologies Inc.
- Bolt Threads
- Circular Systems
- Danimer Scientific
- Kelheim Fibres GmbH
- Kraig Biocraft Laboratories
- Mitsubishi Chemicals
- Natural Fiber Welding
- Total Corbion
Report contents include:
- Market trends and drivers in the bioplastics and natural fibers market.
- Production estimates by bioplastics and natural fibers producers, types, market and regions.
- Impact of COVID-19.
- Challenges for the bioplastics and natural fibers market.
- Advantages and disadvantages of the bioplastics and natural fibers over synthetic plastics.
- Analysis of synthetic biopolymers market including Polylactic acid (Bio-PLA), Polyethylene terephthalate (Bio-PET), Polytrimethylene terephthalate (Bio-PTT), Polyethylene furanoate (Bio-PEF), Polyamides (Bio-PA), Poly(butylene adipate-co-terephthalate) (Bio-PBAT), Polybutylene succinate (PBS) and copolymers, Polyethylene (Bio-PE), Polypropylene (Bio-PP)
- Analysis of naturally produced bio-based polymers including Polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA), Polysaccharides, Microfibrillated cellulose (MFC), Cellulose nanocrystals, Cellulose nanofibers, Protein-based bioplastics, Algal and fungal.
- Analysis of natural fibers including seed fibers (cotton, luffa), bast fibers(jute, hemp, flax, ramie, kenaf), leaf fibers (sisal, abaca). fruit fibers (banana, pineapple, coir), stalk fibers, bamboo, sugarcane, animal proteins (alternative wool, leather, silk and down).
Key Topics Covered:
1 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.2 NATURAL FIBERS
4 THE GLOBAL PLASTICS MARKET
4.1 Global production
4.2 The importance of plastic
4.3 Issues with plastics use
5 THE BIOPLASTICS MARKET
5.1 Drop-in bio-based plastics
5.2 Novel bio-based plastics
5.3 Advantages and disadvantages compared to traditional plastics
5.4 Types of Bio-based and/or Biodegradable Plastics
5.5 BIODEGRADABLE AND COMPOSTABLE PLASTICS
5.6 SYNTHETIC BIO-BASED POLYMERS
5.7 NATURAL BIO-BASED POLYMERS
5.8 MARKETS FOR BIOPLASTICS
6 THE NATURAL FIBERS MARKET
6.1 NATURAL FIBER TYPES
6.1.1 Manufacturing method, matrix materials and applications of natural fibers
6.1.2 Advantages of natural fibers
6.1.3 Plants (cellulose, lignocellulose)
126.96.36.199 Seed fibers
188.8.131.52 Bast fibers
184.108.40.206 Leaf fibers
220.127.116.11 Fruit fibers
18.104.22.168 Stalk fibers from agricultural residues
22.214.171.124 Soft and hardwoods
126.96.36.199 Cane, grasses and reed
188.8.131.52 Fresh grass (green biorefinery)
184.108.40.206 Modified natural polymers
6.1.4 Animal (fibrous protein)
220.127.116.11 Silk fiber
6.2 MARKETS FOR NATURAL FIBERS
18.104.22.168 Market overview
22.214.171.124 Natural fiber injection moulding compounds
126.96.36.199 Non-woven natural fiber mat composites
188.8.131.52 Aligned natural fiber-reinforced composites
184.108.40.206 Natural fiber biobased polymer compounds
220.127.116.11 Natural fiber biobased polymer non-woven mats
18.104.22.168 Natural fiber biobased polymer composites
22.214.171.124 Natural fiber thermoset bioresin composites
126.96.36.199 Market overview
188.8.131.52 Market overview
184.108.40.206 Applications of natural fibers
220.127.116.11 Market overview
18.104.22.168 Applications of natural fibers
6.2.5 Sports and leisure
22.214.171.124 Market overview
126.96.36.199 Market overview
188.8.131.52 Consumer apparel
184.108.40.206 Alternative leather
220.127.116.11 Market overview
18.104.22.168 Food packaging
22.214.171.124 Beverage packaging
6.3 GLOBAL NATURAL FIBERS MARKET VOLUMES
6.3.1 Overall global fibers market
6.3.2 Plant-based fiber production
6.3.3 Animal-based natural fiber production
7 BIOPLASTICS COMPANY PROFILES
8 NATURAL FIBER PRODUCERS AND PRODUCT DEVELOPER PROFILES
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/40f48b